Program Associate – The Sharehouse
The Sharehouse is King County’s only free furniture bank, collecting and distributing donated furniture and household goods to homeless people who are moving into permanent housing. The Sharehouse also runs a small office furniture recycling project known as the Gateway Project, which connects non-profit agencies with businesses seeking to donate used furniture. The Sharehouse is a program of the Church Council of Greater Seattle, which is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit agency.
General Description of Position:
This position is a critical member of the Sharehouse team, primarily focused on day-to-day operations. Primary responsibilities include scheduling donation pick-ups and warehouse visits, collecting and reporting program performance data, donation solicitation, coordinating donation drives, serving as back-up for the warehouse staff and the director as needed, and overseeing the Gateway project. This position requires top computer skills - word processing, database maintenance, and data entry skills – as well as excellent customer service skills.
The Program Associate reports to the Program Director. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position, which requires the ability to work some weekend and evening hours.
1. Schedule donation pick-ups and warehouse appointments.
2. Field telephone calls from the general public, clients, and agency members concerning program services, and respond to agency voicemail.
3. Maintain and update agency files and records.
4. Collect and report program performance data for grant sources by maintaining files in QuickBooks, tracking donations, distributions, and in-kind gifts.
5. Perform general office support, including word processing, data entry, copying, and file maintenance.
6. Assist in the organization and processing of bulk mailings.
7. Coordinate the yearly renewal of agency memberships.
8. Maintain supplies for administrative offices, and inform Program Director when supplies need to be ordered.
9. Track and manage donor thank yous.
10. Facilitate communications between The Sharehouse, churches, and a variety of community organizations and other groups.
11. Participate in grants research and writing.
12. Cultivate new in-kind business donors.
13. Participate in the promotion of the Sharehouse with the Director, Board members, and others through public speaking and/or attendance at events.
14. Attend monthly Homelessness Coalition meetings and share information with Sharehouse staff.
15. Maintain Gateway and Agency email lists.
16. Assist in updating The Sharehouse website.
17. Assist with picking up donations as needed.
18. Assist with “walk in” donations as needed.
19. Participate in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full time (40 hour per week), non-exempt position. $12.50 to $14.42 per hour. DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation, and sick leave as provided by CCGS Human Resources Policies.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 29, 2003. All applicants must send a resume, cover letter, and list of three references (former or current employers, supervisors, or teachers with telephone numbers and addresses). Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Program Associate Search
5706-2nd Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98108
The Sharehouse is a program of the Church Council of Greater Seattle. The Church Council of Greater Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.