Open Position Announcement
Position:† Program Director, The Sharehouse
General Description of Program:
The Program Director has primary staff responsibility for administration
of the Sharehouse.† The Sharehouse collects, stores, and distributes furniture
and housewares needed by people who are transitioning from homeless situations
into permanent housing.† The Program Director oversees all aspects of the
services provided, and manages day-to-day operations, including supervision
of staff.† The Sharehouse employs four full-time and one part-time employees.
The Sharehouse is a program of the Church Council of Greater Seattle, a 501
(c) (3) not-for-profit agency.†
The Program Director works closely with the Sharehouse Advisory Board to
achieve the programís goals and to assure sound and effective management.†
The Program Director reports to the Associate Director for Programs of the
Church Council of Greater Seattle.† This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Manages all aspects of the Sharehouse, including program planning and
evaluation, and the development of administrative procedures.
- Tracks and reports regularly on program performance to the Advisory Board,
the Church Council, and other stakeholders.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all program staff.
- Develops, recommends, and manages the budget.† Maintains program records
and meets all reporting requirements.
- Works with the Advisory Board to plan, implement, and monitor the effectiveness
of a fundraising plan which includes an annual campaign and special events.
- Prepares, submits, negotiates, and administers private foundation grants
and government grants and contracts.
- Develops, maintains and expands contracts with local media for general
coverage and coverage of special projects in order to increase public awareness
of the Sharehouse.
- Coordinates outreach efforts and represents the Sharehouse in public speaking
engagements including meetings in religious settings.
- Oversees warehouse distribution operations, volunteer coordination, office
furniture and supply brokerage operations, and truck pickup operations.
- Represents the Sharehouse at the Church Council, including the management
team and meetings of program directors.
- Ensures adherence to Church Council financial and human resource policies
- Works with the Sharehouse Advisory Board in recruiting and orientation
of new Advisory Board members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís degree in social services, business or a field related to human
services or organizational management.
- A minimum of three years of program management or administrative experience
in a nonprofit setting.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in delegation and supervising paid
staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in grant writing and fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate positively to persons in a multicultural
and pluralistic community.
- Experience working with issues regarding poverty and homelessness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, small work team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with limited direction of supervision.
The Church Council of Greater Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of a personís age, race, color, religion,
gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or national origin.
Salary mid to high $30ís, DOE.† Benefits include medical and dental insurance,
annual vacation, holidays, and sick leave as provided by Church Council of
Greater Seattle human resource policies.
To apply, either:
a cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to:††††††††††††††††††††††
Attn: †Program Director Search
5706 Ė 2nd Ave South
Seattle, WA 98108
a cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to:† [email protected]†
No phone calls, please.