HOLIDAY CLOSURE: We will be closed 11/24 & 11/25 in observation of Thanksgiving. We will be open 9am-12pm on Saturday, 11/26.
YOU can help the Sharehouse turn housing into homes!
To donate furniture & household items, please:
- Review our lists below of what we can & cannot accept
- Drop donations off to our warehouse on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (9am - 4pm) OR Saturday (9am - noon)
- Schedule our truck to pick-up if you are in Seattle, Shoreline, or Mercer Island
It costs us approximately $75 for each pick-up we do in the community. To offset our costs, we do require a monetary donation. You may self-select from a sliding scale starting at $25 (less than a trip to the dump & your still-useful stuff isn’t going into a landfill!). Call for more info & to schedule as far in advance as possible (we typically need at least 2 weeks notice).
What we DO accept:
ALL ITEMS MUST BE CLEAN AND IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION.
- Pots & Pans
- Cooking Utensils
- Baking Pans
- Toasters/Toaster Ovens
- Coffee Pots/Tea Kettles
- Microwave Ovens
- Mixers & Blenders
- Mattresses, Box Springs & Bed Frames (good condition - NO stains or tears; twin, double/full, & queen sizes ONLY)
- Dressers & Chest of Drawers
- Nightstands, End Tables
- Coffee Tables & Occasional Tables
- Couches & Futons with Frames (see below for restrictions)
- Armchairs, Easy Chairs, Recliner Chairs
- Dining Tables & Chairs
- Kitchen Tables & Chairs
- Bookcases (6’or shorter)
- Small Desks (48’X 24’ or smaller)
- Bed sheets, blankets, & bed pillows (no stains or tears)
- Bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, bathmats, shower curtains
- Kitchen towels, dishcloths, tablecloths, potholders, place mats, napkins
Accessories & Miscellaneous
- T.V.s (30” diagonally or smaller), VHS players, DVD players
- Art Work
- Rugs(6′ x 8’ & smaller)
- Hair Dryers
- Clocks, clock radios & alarm clocks
- Lamps & lampshades
- Household telephones
- Vacuum cleaners & bags
- Household trash cans
What we DO NOT accept:
- Any item with stains, tears, broken or missing pieces, or that is not operational
- Armoires, cabinets, or wardrobes over 6’ tall or 4’ wide
- Baby furniture or equipment
- Building materials or supplies, including carpet remnants
- Computers or computer equipment
- Couches longer than 7′
- Desks larger than 4’ from side to side and 2’ from front to back
- Exercise equipment
- Futon mattresses without frame OR futon frames without mattresses
- Glass top tables more than 4’ across
- Hide-a-bed or recliner couches
- King-size mattress, box springs, bed frames
- Platform or Loft beds
- Waterbeds or waterbed frames
- Large Appliances
- Office furniture or equipment of any kind
- Outdoor furniture (except wicker that can be used indoors)
- Roll-away beds
- Seasonal Decorations (Christmas, Halloween, etc)
- Toys or Stuffed Animals
- TVs larger than 30’ diagonally across the screen
Other Ways to Contribute
- Make a financial gift to The Sharehouse. It costs $375 to provide the minimum items writing assignments needed to set up each new household. It costs an average of $500 a day to run our truck to pick up items.To make a one-time or recurring donation online, click here.
Note: In order for The Sharehouse to receive your donation, please type The Sharehouse in the comments area of the YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish donate form.
- Mail a check or money order to:
Please make checks out to YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish and write ‘The Sharehouse’ in the notes.
- Coordinate a donation drive at work, church, or school
- Cryptocurrencies are accepted as one form of payment types. Besides Bitcoin, the pioneer of cryptocurrency, Ripple is another major cryptocurrency accepted in many ecommerce as well as funding platforms. Investors from different countries can buy Bitcoin, Ripple, etc from the cryptocurrency exchanges of their respective countries. For instance, investors from UK can check how to buy xrp uk and add to their wallets for easy transactions.
- Ask us about other opportunities & ideas!